The Goochland Tea Party expects to conduct its activities in accordance with the highest standards of conduct. Full compliance with the letter and spirit of the law is fundamental to the Goochland Tea Party organization. Equally important are honesty, integrity and fairness in all of our interactions within the organization and with others. Diligently applying these standards allows the Goochland Tea Party to earn the trust and respect of our co-volunteers, with our donors and vendors, and with the public in general.
In all actions, Goochland Tea Party volunteers are also expected to uphold the values of the Goochland Tea Party and the values in the U.S. Constitution established by our nation’s Founders. Specifically, these include actions taken by Goochland Tea Party volunteers during public rallies and demonstrations, online or through social media, and through interpersonal interactions with other people, regardless of others’ political views or behavior.
The core priniciples of the Goochland Tea Party are:
- Constitutional Adherence
- Limited Government
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Virtue and Accountability
- Free Markets
Accordingly, adherence to the below guidelines is expected of all Goochland Tea Party volunteers:
- Engage in peaceful public discourse;
- Respect the rule of law and the processes for political and policy action established under the U.S. Constitution;
- Spirited debate is a core and essential element of our political system; however, under no circumstances is it acceptable for Goochland Tea Party volunteers to subject others to slurs or insults based on race, creed, religion, sexual orientation, handicap or gender; and
- Under no circumstances is it acceptable for a Goochland Tea Party volunteer to engage in unlawful or violent behavior in the pursuit of the policy or political objectives.
It is the expectation of the Goochland Tea Party leadership that everyone holding a leadership position and all other volunteers of the Goochland Tea Party will comply with the letter and spirit of this Code and to actively participate in the activities of the Goochland Tea Party according to the highest standards of honesty and integrity. It is also required for a volunteer of the Goochland Tea Party who becomes aware of a breach of the Code to report the incident to a committee chairman or other leader of the Goochland Tea Party immediately. Confidential inquiries can be made via email or telephone. Volunteers not complying with the Code of Conduct will be disassociated from the Goochland Tea Party.